Saturday, May 2, 2009

First Friday Opening!

My name is Carolynn Tucker and I have been drawing since I can remember!

Last night was the opening of my first REAL show ever! So many emotions have been swirling around me, excitement, nervousness, and even more inspiration to top what I have already done NEXT time.

My work is very colorful, expressive and whimsical.
I want to capture beauty and create something that people can relate to on some level.
To paint is like therapy for me, as I am creating I try to "transfer" my feelings to the piece. I feel that it is a productive way to overcome negativity.

I am happy that I was able to show a part of who I am through my art. Just to get it out there is a RELIEF! I have never had the chance to showcase what I do before and I feel that this is one of the best opportunities I have had. First Friday was AMAZING! There was a wonderful turnout, considering an hour BEFORE it was pouring rain .....( I was a bit worried ;) The music rocked! BIG DIRTY !!!! Soooo Funky! Can't wait to hear them play again! Great food, friends, and an amazing atmosphere at Gallery 141 made for a completely memorable evening!

1 comment: